- U.S.Embassy Rabat
- Human Resources Office
Announcement Number: 10-40
- OPEN TO: ALL INTERESTED CANDIDATES
- POSITION: Accounting Technician, FSN-07, FP-7*
- OPENING DATE: Friday, June 11, 2010
- CLOSING DATE: Friday, June 25, 2010
- WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
- SALARY: * Not-Ordinarily Resident: Starts at US$37,351
- p.a. (based on 40 hours)
- (Position Grade: FP-7 following confirmation by Washington)
- Ordinarily Resident: Starts at DH 126,427 p.a. (based on 40 hours)
- (Position Grade: FSN-07, competitive allowance and bonus package)
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Rabat is seeking an individual for the position of Accounting Technician.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION:
The incumbent maintains reviews, reconciles and balances accounting records for several budget allotments. Provides information to and assists the Financial Specialist in preparation of the budget and special reports as required for the accounts. Downloads daily files and reports from FSC Bangkok, develops appropriate communications with FSC Bangkok and obtains steps required for correction of problem transactions. Serves as backup to other Accounting Technicians
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities of the position is attached.
- NOTE: All applicants must meet all qualifications and provide supporting documentation for each criterion below
- Education: Completion of high school is required.
- Experience: Minimum one year of prior experience in vouchering or three to four years of progressive experience in accounting or budget work is required.
- Language: Level 4 (fluency) in English is required.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures.
Abilities and Skills:
- Must have excellent analytical skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must have extensive computer skills, including Windows, Word and Excel.
When equally qualified, US Citizen EFMs and US Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
Interested applicants for this position must submit in English the following or the application will not be considered:
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (SF-171 or OF-612) for U.S. applicants only; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae for non U.S. applicants; plus
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Human Resources Office
Attention: Vacancy Announcement 10-40
Address: 2 Avenue Mohamed El Fassi (ex-Marrakech), Rabat
Telephone: (212) 537-76-22-65, FAX: (212) 537-66-08-75, e-mail: HRORabat@state.gov
Important: If you are not contacted by the Human Resources Office within six weeks after the submission of your application, this means the position has been filled.